Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Internet Training for Tanzanian Journalist Day One

The reason behind my decision to participate in this training is to learn and get some new ideas on how to have a better use an Internet service in my daily activities in my Media house.

I have been using it for about four years now but the problem has always been its speed. It is too low to download or get required information. I guess that through this training, I am going to get new methods of solving the problem like an alternative to speed it up or a short cut on how to get the full information I am looking from it.

The first day of this training was long was a busy day, tiresome one. I think it’s because of the time table that I left it behind some two years ago. Currently, my activities consume most of my time in movement from here to there, attending different occasions and making news from it and sometimes making some roving according to my news idea.

Despite been tiresome one, I was a good day, with new information and practical exercises of opening some on line materials, visiting a number of websites, reading and trying to make some orders of different items as well as looking at statistics of internet consumers in different countries .

It was also a good day to share ideas and experiences with our instructor, really, I admired how developed countries are benefited from the technological advancement like these of Internet where by educational, cultural and even trading can be done simply through the internet.

My expectations are still there, to get some new ideas on how I can make an internet my best friend in collecting and disseminating different information. The case of low speed remains there but I think having the knowledge is necessary coz if the net is slow here in Bongo, it is not in ufini, and so one day I will enjoy it by one way or another, if not in ufini, may be in Uswidi.

Thanks to MisaTan and people of Ufini for their organisation and facilitation.

No comments: